Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Month 1



July 23, 2010
Hannah, my sweet angel, you are now one month old. There are not enough words to express how happy you have made me and how absolutely precious you are. You are lying in my lap as I write this in the middle of the night. I always thought that it must be horrible to have to wake at all hours of the night to feed a baby, and how tiring it must be and with you, it has been quite the opposite. These middle of the night feedings are our time; time for me to talk to you and stare in amazement at how perfect you are and how much I don’t deserve you. How could anyone deserve someone so absolutely perfect as you. This month has been the best month of my life. Your Nana has been with us this month and she is as much in love with you as I am. Everyone that lays their eyes on you loves you. How could they not? You are such a sweet baby, and you bring joy to so many people.
I will never forget the moment in the hospital when I first heard your precious voice. I was overcome with emotions, and your daddy was as well. We never could have known just how beautiful you would be. The hospital was full of people. There were so many people waiting to see you that they filled up the waiting room! You probably had stars in your eyes for awhile because of all the camera flashes. You have to be the most photographed baby of all time! People came to the house to see you every day for a couple of weeks and finally the flocks died down and we got to have some alone time. I cherish these times.
I read a story to you each night and you look me right in the eyes like you understand every single word. I love these times, and cant wait until you can tell me which story is your favorite. Another neat thing about you is that from the very first moment I saw you, you smiled. You smile more than any other baby I’ve ever seen. You fill my heart with joy. I cannot get enough of you and look forward to many happy times with you in the future. You are my heart and soul, and I want you to know you always will be.     Love, Your Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment